2014 Navy ASRL at Stockton
Bulli Gold go back to back!!
The biggest news to come out of this year's edition of the ASRL Open is Bulli "Gold" have taken out first place in the open boat final for the second year in a row. In conditions that got progressively worse as the day went on Bulli showed after the rounds & early elmination races they'd be hard to beat. Corrimal also featured over the weekend in the open boat division with a 5th in the final in the new GT.
In other results
Open Women Met Caloundra "Leftovers" 5th.
U/19 men Bulli "Gold" 1st
U/23 men Bulli "Ban speedos" 3rd with Port Kembla "Cutters" 6th.
Caring for your boat.
- Check the seat & foot stretcher fixing before your training session. If they are loose, tighten them or let someone know.
- Carry the boat to the water rather than dragging it across the sand.
- Drain the boat after every use, the easiest way to do this is tipping it while half on the trailer making sure the back roller is under the keel.
- Wash with soapy water after every use or at least once a week.
- Open all access hatches/port hole allowing the boat to breathe & stop condensation building.
- While the hatches are open wipe a rag around the thread of the hatch to remove sand making opening easier.
- Disconnect the batteries between uses this will prolong their power & help stop rusting & stains.
- If your boats are stored outside cover them with a boat cover or at least a tarp
- Your boat should be rolled & polished at least once a year.
- Constant maintenance is the best way to prolong your boats life.